9.5.2014

Englanti: Guiding

At first we had a Sibelius tour with guide from Kanta-Hämeen Oppaat Ry. The tour was okey but I didn't get much new information since I've been to Guiding classes in the evenings. So I kind of knew the buildings she was going to show us already. I am so happy I know Hämeenlinna now much better than I used to! The guide spoke very simple English so everyone understood pretty well. I would've wished to hear a little bit more fluent English. The microphone and speaker with her was a brilliant idea! You don't necessarily have to speak loud when there's a big group listening, just turn the volume higher. I love it :D
Minna

Then the next day we did our own English guidings! First we went to see Minna in Hämeenlinna railways station. I loved how she moved around the place and showed pictures. Next one was Paula and the Provincial Archives. She spoke really good English and the guiding was very interesting. After that we had Niina and Verkatehdas Art & Congress Center. It went also very well and I got really scared about everyone moving and having lots of texts in their guiding.


Paula
Niina

Because then it was my turn and I already knew it's going to be shorter and more boring. Since I didn't even know the place or it's surroundings (I should have looked it up before) it sounded stupid when I started to tell about Vanajavesi lake. Which we didn't even see! :D Because I am very critical of my work, I think my guiding was a big joke comparing to others. Next time: Search more about surrounding places (visit it so you can see it) and monuments. Don't trust Wikipedia which says that it has only a Health Center and Verkatehdas nearby! MURRRRRR!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti